Thursday, January 13, 2011

ELF Cream Eyeliner Review




I am not a big fan of eyeliners because it makes me look more mature than my age but I still like to keep it handy just in case. Sometimes I want to do tight lining to define my eyes so I want a good eyeliner that doesn't smudge. Revlon kohl eyeliners are really good too. I tried my mom's and it's really creamy and blendable and I like it too. However, I wanted to try something new and I have heard so many makeup guru's in youtube raving about cream eyeliners and how good it is so I wanted to try it out as well to see how it works out for me. I love ELF not only because they are affordable but because they are quality cosmetics so if I was to try a cream eyeliner, it has to be from Elf.





The cream eyeliner comes in different shades: black, midnight, purple, copper, gunmetal, metallic olive, coffee, and ivory (I got mine in coffee for a more subtle look). The box includes a tiny angled eyeliner brush so don't worry if you don't already have one. What I love about it is, it has good pigmentation, it's blendable, easy to apply and it doesn't smudge. I didn't have a hard time applying it in my water line which was an absolute surprise because tight lining was always a pain as I poke my eyes ever so often. Using elf's cream eyeliner made it effort less that even a beginner can do this. For those who don't know a good technique yet to avoid poking your eyes, find an old pencil eyeliner that you don't want to use anymore, dip it on to the product and apply it on your water line. I learned this from makeup gurus in youtube and it's working out for me very well. The application is not messy if you just take your time to work it. It's a little difficult to remove if you made a mistake but I cannot complain about that because what's important for me is that it doesn't smudge. If you do small strokes and you'll be fine. You may want to use a different eyeliner brush to apply the product on to your lash line though because the one that came with it is very small and tricky to work with. You can hardly get the cream to stick to it, but then again it's free. Staying power is really decent and I didn't feel the need to retouch it after awhile. I don't notice flaking as well. If you see the image below, this is how it looks like after 6hrs. I like how it stayed on my waterline for a long time and it didn't smudge even just a tiny bit. If your lid is oily, a primer could help make it last longer. I've read bad reviews about this product being difficult remove but I didn't have that same problem. You just have to use an oil based eye makeup remover to take it all away.



I will definitely buy this product again in different shades because I just love it. They are a good value for money and for me it works better than pencil eyeliners. It's a decent cream eyeliner for the price of $3 from eyeslipsface.com and P250 in malls if you are from the Philippines. If you want a less pricey cream eyeliner for everyday use, this may work out well for you too. For the price, you can never go wrong.


Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading messages, so leave a comment! Thanks ♥

Signup to receive the latest updates straight to your inbox

* indicates required