Thursday, November 19, 2009

Mineral Makeup


LinkMakeup can make you look more beautiful, younger, or older depending on the application. But I believe that the face of a person is defined by the eyebrows. If you notice, a person’s look changes when the eyebrow shape and size is changed. So when doing your makeup, pay more attention to your eyebrows to attain the right shape, size, and color, and achieve a better look. When I am upset or having a bad day, I either watch a movie or put some makeup on and I’ll feel better. If I’m not happy with my choices I usually mix my powder eye shadows to make my own color; one that matches my skin tone better and one that is more unique. I don’t prefer any particular brand of makeup as long as the color is nice and the coverage is good. It has been part of my life since I was old enough to use it.

Recently I tried using mineral makeup and I should say that I really like it. I am satisfied with the coverage and I haven’t had any breakouts or allergies ever since. Although I should say that I was a little hesitant to try this before because it may not be as good as traditional makeup. The first mineral makeup I tried is from Revlon. I don't have to use a lot to attain the coverage that I need. It's long wearing and it can last for long hours. No need for a touch up. The mineral blush is also amazing as it gives me a more natural effect. And the eye shadow works wonders as it doesn't crease or fade. So if you think about it, it's really cheaper to use mineral makeup because you only apply once and it lasts the whole day. I have been using these makeup for more than a month and there are still more left.


So why should you also try mineral makeup?


Mineral makeup is non-comedogenic, which means that it will not clog your pores, instead it allows your skin to breathe. It’s virtually no allergy risk because the ingredients used are all minerals. It’s made of all natural, finely ground minerals from the earth, without any of the chemicals, dyes, and preservatives found in traditional makeup.


It has broad spectrum UVB and UVA protection, anti-inflammatory which helps calm and soothe irritated skin; doesn’t provide a breeding ground for bacteria; and gives complete coverage for skin conditions like acne, blemishes, and redness. Traditional chemical based makeup maybe oily due to the oil ingredient that it contains. This can cause a lot of skin problems to those with oily complexions, and these problems can be avoided by using mineral makeup since it does not use oils at all.

I got this mineral makeup recipe over the internet but didn’t have the chance to give it a try yet because I couldn’t find the ingredients to make this. To those who want to know which ingredients are used to make mineral makeup, here is it. You can try it if you want at your own risk.


Step 1: Materials

Micronized Titanium Dioxide

Zinc Oxide

Sericite Mica - Matte Finish

Magnesium Stearate

Yellow, Red & Brown Iron Oxide Pigments

Mortar & Pestle or small grinder

30g (3oz) Sifter Jars

Measuring spoons

Cosmetic brush (large full brush for foundation)


Step 2: Combine

8 tsp Micronized Titanium Dioxide

3 tsp Sericite Mica

4 tsp Zinc Oxide

1 tsp Magnesium Stearate

1/2 - 1 tsp Yellow Iron Oxide

1/16 tsp Brown Iron Oxide

Pinch of Red Iron Oxide


Take time smashing it up with your pestle/grinder. It won't seem like it's doing much at first, but slowly you'll start to see your color emerge. Continue smashing until it looks uniform.

Now add 1 tsp. Sericite Mica for a nice matte finish.


TO TWEAK THE COLOR:

Change the tint by adding more of any of the iron oxides. Add more titanium dioxide, zinc oxide or sericite mica if you desire a lighter overall shade.

Make note of your additions/changes so that you can duplicate when necessary.

Good luck. Hope it works great!





Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading messages, so leave a comment! Thanks ♥

Signup to receive the latest updates straight to your inbox

* indicates required