Monday, December 13, 2010

St Ives Blemish and Blackhead Control Apricot Scrub Review

I have been looking for a facial scrub that I can trust just like my Loreal Pure Zone Scrub which has sadly been discontinued but I couldn't find one that works great on my skin. I cannot use any product for oily skin on my face because it's very sensitive and I end up having breakouts. If not, it does nothing on my whiteheads which is a complete waste of money and time. I know St Ives works great for others but I don't know why I haven't tried it yet. My mom has great skin and she uses St Ives scrub for awhile now. Out of desperation, I grabbed this product while I was buying groceries and hoped it doesn't mess with my face.





Unlike Loreal Pure Zone Scrub (which I loved btw!), it contains natural ingredients using walnut shell as exfoliator which is a little rough on skin during the first use. You just have to gently massage it on your skin to avoid over scrubbing and hurting your face. The scrub is totally non-drying unlike other brands I have tried before. There is no tingling or tightening after feel which is a great deal for me because I have sensitive skin. It has prevented occasional breakouts during my period which has not happened in the past. I always break out during that time of the month, argh!

I have only used this scrub for a month now and I have not had any breakouts or small bumps in my face. It exfoliates my skin very well and has kept it soft and smooth. I also noticed that my acne scars have slowly lightened so I hope that this scrub continues to do the great job it has been been doing on my skin. I have to say that I am impressed with the quality of the scrub and how it cleared my skin of whiteheads and bumps.



EDIT: 4/13/2011

I'm on to my second tube of this wonderful scrub now. I have a total of 4 different scrubs all from St. Ives and I love all of them but this is my ultimate favorite. One tube lasted me for long but of course I was using this in alternate with my other scrubs. I have never had any acne breakouts ever since I started using St. Ives Scrubs and I'm very happy with the results.

I hope my review is helpful and if you have any questions or comments, kindly leave them down below. Please follow me on blogger and twitter, and like me on facebook if you haven't already. I'd appreciate it very much! :)



Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading messages, so leave a comment! Thanks ♥

Signup to receive the latest updates straight to your inbox

* indicates required