Thursday, July 28, 2011

Elf Studio Eyebrow Kit in Light Review

How have you all been doing? It's been raining non-stop for a few days now because of the storm and it's been cold.  I hope you all are doing okay. I don't like the rain but I love the cold weather. What is sweeter than blogging after work while and listening to the Glee Soundtrack on a rainy Thursday night? :D

It's been a week now since my last makeup review so I have one for you all now and this is on the e.l.f. Studio Eyebrow Kitin Light. Eyebrow color is a must for me since I have baby thin brows. I seriously  have not gone out without it, even on the beach. I have been using Maybelline New York Eye Studio Definist for awhile now and I really love it, but I wanted to try this one too because I am such a huge ELF Cosmetics fan. It has a wax which is a darker brown color to keep the brows in place and a powder to set it.  The product comes with a mirror and a dual ended brush for application which I really appreciate because it comes in handy. The retail price is P249.75 of $3 from eyeslipsface.com. 



Elf Studio Eyebrow Kit in Light

Elf Studio Eyebrow Kit in Light

I love that I can really use the brush to apply the product on my brows unlike some of the brushes that comes with ELF products. The angled brush is a little thin but I find that it helps control the amount of gel you apply. The other brush end is a soft, small, fluffy brush for the powder to set the brow gel. I like that it's a gel and not a wax because it makes the brows look more natural. The Maybelline Brow Definist's wax is a little creamy and I love it too since I have been using it for years now but for now I prefer to the gel. 


Elf Studio Eyebrow Kit in Light


This product is very long staying. At first I thought that the brow powder is a little light for me but the color was just okay when you put it on top of the gel. You can build it up for a darker brows as well. After I apply this on I still apply a brow gel to keep my brows neat and stay longer. I think this is a little cheaper than the Maybelline Brow Definist and it works as good. I have been using it for awhile and I very happy with it, considering that it is a top 3 must have makeup product for me. 

I will definitely repurchase this along with the Maybelline Brow Definist that I have grown to love for years. I don't have swatches for now because I am terribly busy nowadays but will post some pictures of me wearing this and the maybelline one so you can see them both. I haven't done a review of the brow definist because I've had this for almost a year now and I have only been active on my blog for 7 months. I seriously love this product and I am already reaching pan on the wax :D. But that's not what this blog post is all about so I will stop blabbering about it now LOL. 

My verdict is definitely 5 STARS!!! I love this product and the mirror and brush that comes with it. If you use this product, let me know what you think of it as well. Take care and keep warm everyone!




Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading messages, so leave a comment! Thanks ♥

Signup to receive the latest updates straight to your inbox

* indicates required