Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation in Medium

I've had this foundation for a while now, I think just when I started blogging, which was three years ago, and I actually forgot that I didn't write a review on this yet. As you can see you in the photo, there's already a crack on it :). I was doing some layout changes on my blog, and I didn't see this on my posts list, so I decided to write a review about it. 


Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation


The foundation comes in a twist cap packaging with a brush which I appreciate. Although I don't use a lot, it's very handy when you're on the road. The brush does an okay job in blending the powder, but it's not very soft, so I don't recommend people with sensitive skin to use it. You get 9.9 grams of product for around P795, which is a lot. It only has SPF10 so use sun screen underneath or a moisturizer with at least SPF15 to protect your skin more especially if you're going out in the sun.



comes with a small brush 


I love that it comes with a sifter which dispenses the right amount of product when you tap it, and prevents the powder from getting all over the place. I don't really like the packaging, but I don't hate it either. The power is fine and has a semi matte finish. The silky texture of the foundation makes it easy to blend. You cannot really build this up unless you have a good base to hold the product together onto your skin. 


  
comes with a sifter


This was given to me by my mom, so I didn't spend a dime on this foundation, which is why the shade is not the perfect one for me. I didn't throw it away even if it's the wrong color because I don't like wasting money, so I just find a way to make it work. It has a light coverage so it's not really very obvious that it's darker, and that's good enough for me.  If you're looking for a medium to full-coverage mineral foundation, this is not the product to go for. Unless you mix it with a face primer or your moisturizer, you can create a medium coverage. I have tried that a couple of times and it worked well, but the color didn't complement my skin so I stopped doing that method.      



Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation in Medium Swatch


The swatch doesn't really show that it's tad darker because of the flash, and the foundation reflects light. I use this foundation if I want a more subtle daily look, or as a loose powder to set my bb cream with.  I also use this to set my ELF All Over Cover Stick which I got in a shade lighter, so this does a great job in neutralizing the color of the cover stick or any fairer foundation to match my skin tone.  


   
after blending it with my fingers


I love how this foundation looks natural and feels light on the skin. It sets nicely, and it does not cake. Staying power is good as it can last for 8hrs depending on your skin type. It does oxidize after a few hours so expect, for the shade to turn a little dark, especially if you have oily skin like mine. It doesn't make the skin look orange, so I don't really get bothered. I just blot my face, and problem is solved. The longer it stays on the skin, the better it looks giving the skin a healthy, dewy look.

Overall, this is not bad. I didn't break out using this foundation for almost 2 years now, nor experienced any allergic reaction so that's a huge plus. Mineral foundation improves the condition of your skin; that's why I prefer to use it more often over the regular ones. 

My verdict: 3 STARS!!! I believe that for the price, there are better options in the market. However, if you cannot find other brands, this is alright to consider as it works great as a setting powder. 



Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading messages, so leave a comment! Thanks ♥

Signup to receive the latest updates straight to your inbox

* indicates required