Friday, October 5, 2012

Maybelline Expert Wear Blush in 70 Dusty Rose

Good day everyone! Today's review is on the Maybelline Expert Wear Blush in Dusty Rose. Funny story about this blush, I have held on to an old one for a long, long time because I love the color so much, and this is not available locally. This blush is one of the makeup items that my Aunts gave me last year. Anyway, because of such reasons, I didn't throw the one I had, even if I have already hit pan. The ones left are very small broken pieces which I could barely pick up LOL. This is the only product that I have used up ever, by the way; that's how much I like it. I was so excited when I saw the shade I couldn't believe I've had it all along. I immediately took photos for review then tossed the old one right after. It was time to let go of it anyway. Discovering I had a new one just made it is a lot easier for me finally discard it :).






Maybelline Expert Wear Blush in Dusty Rose Ingredients List


The packaging is of a light plastic case with a black housing and transparent top which is actually flimsy so be careful not to drop it, or you will break the blush into pieces. It contains 4.5grams of product and comes with a brush. I didn't use this at all because it's rough on the skin, but I didn't throw it away as I could use it when I'm traveling. I do appreciate though that it came with a brush :). 



Maybelline Expert Wear Blush in Dusty Rose



The shade is very lovely as you can see in the photos. It looks peachy on the pan, but it is, however, a very light dusty rose shade, which will only show up on pale to fair skin. I have neutral undertones, more on yellow, and it matches me nicely and gives me a natural glow. This is a perfect shade if you're sporting a smokey eye and only want a light blush on the cheeks. If you have medium to dark skin, you can use it as a highlight. Although it appears to have micro shimmers on the swatch, it shows up semi-matte on the face with a subtle sheen. It's oil-free, non-comedogenic, and dermatologist tested so this is good for oily skin. Below is a hand swatch and some recycled photos I previously used on my older posts of me wearing the blush :). Take note that these photos were taken after I got home and it still shows up nicely.




Maybelline Expert Wear Blush in Dusty Rose Hand Swatch





Now on to the Pros and Cons:

PROS:
  • Very pretty shade
  • Easy to blend
  • Easy to use as the shade is very forgiving
  • Applies evenly
  • Gives the skin a healthy glow
  • Doesn't break me out
  • Buildable
  • Long Staying

CONS:
  • Pigmentation is alright (I need to apply 2-3 layers for it to show up)
  • Flimsy packaging
  • A little powdery

My verdict: 4 STARS!!! I love this blush, and it's my go to shade if I want a subtle face makeup for everyday, dramatic eye, and 'no makeup' makeup. This would also be a good blush to use for bridal looks.

I hope you found this review helpful. If you have any questions, ask away! I love reading comments so please don't hesitate to leave one :). Follow me if you aren't already. Have a dazzling day everyone!



Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading messages, so leave a comment! Thanks ♥

Signup to receive the latest updates straight to your inbox

* indicates required