Saturday, October 30, 2010

How To Make Homemade Eyeshadow Primer


Why do we need an eyeshadow primer? 3 most common reasons why I need to have one is to make my eyeshadow color pick up more, to make it last longer, and avoid it from creasing. Eye primer is responsible for making the eye makeup stand out and look great. However, a good eyeshadow primer is a bit pricey so some of us skip it and just buy other makeup products instead. If you do not want to spend a lot of money on eyeshadow primer, making your own is a good alternative. You can use your skin care and makeup products to make your own primer. What I love about DIY makeup products is you know what you are putting together, and you use what you already have.


What you'll need:
1.) Liquid eyeshadow
2.) Oil free moisturizer
3.) Mineral Foundation (optional)
4.) A clean container



What I use for my primer are Revlon Color Stay Foundation for Oily skin and Olay Moisturizing Cream for Sensitive Skin. The reason why I chose these products is because you would want your eye primer to be moisturizing but not oily to avoid creasing or caking. However, if you don't have oil free products, any liquid foundation and moisturizer will do as long as it matches your skin tone. You can also use this to lightly conceal your under eye circles.





So what you need to do is to mix 2 parts of your liquid foundation with 1 part of your moisturizer. Combine them together until they are well blended. You'd want to make them creamy so if the consistency of your primer is too liquid, you can add a powder foundation to adjust texture. I added a little bit on mine and it worked great but this is totally optional. Pour it on an air tight container to prevent bacteria from growing in there. You'll see that it is creamy but not thick and is a perfect eye primer.


Here is a swatch of eyeshadow using the primer and just stand alone. See how the primer makes a difference in the eyeshadow. It made my eye makeup stay all day and it didn't crease at all. I also used this as concealer under my eyes and it didn't cake. It works like a charm actually.

I hope that you all like this primer and help make your eye makeup stand out. I know this isn't Urban Decay or Too faced but it could work to those who don't want to spend too much on primers and those who want to make use of what they already have.

Share:

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    Thanks for the kind words. I have linked your site as well :D. Nice blog

    ReplyDelete

I love reading messages, so leave a comment! Thanks ♥

Signup to receive the latest updates straight to your inbox

* indicates required