Sunday, October 30, 2011

Review: Maybelline XXL Curl Power Mascara


I have used this product for 2 weeks now and I have to say that it's one of the mascaras that I can really depend on. It's a curl + volume + length microfiber washable mascara in black (also available in waterproof). It claims to be ophthalmologist tested and contact lens safe. 



Base Coat

Top Coat

It's a 2 step mascara which starts with the base coat to curl the lashes and a black top coat which  provides 12-hour hold. For best results, apply the base coat evenly and add the top coat before it dries up to prevent clumping of the lashes. You can build the it up for a more defined and dramatic eyes. The brush helps to evenly coat the lashes and spread them out for a fuller look. I applied 3 coats on this photo to add more volume to my lashes. 




After 6 hours

The curl was still in place when I got home after 6hrs and it didn't smudge or flake. You can seldom find a washable mascara that holds a curl for a long time so I'm really impressed with this product. Cleaning is really very easy using olive oil as a makeup remover. It's a perfect mascara if you are looking for a product to lengthen, volumize, and curl your lashes for long hours. Although the wand is really short so it's not very easy to work with. I poke my eyes a few times using this but I'm now more careful :D.

PROS:
Base Coat is moisturizing
Easy to remove
Doesn't flake, smudge, or clump
No strong odor
Easy on the eyes
Holds a curl for long hours

CONS:
The brush wand was so short making the application a challenge

My verdict: 4.8 STARS
Would I repurchase? Yes
Would I recommend? Yes

Overall I love this mascara and it's one of my favorites. The 2 step application takes time though so it's not a mascara that I would grab for when I am pressed for time. 







Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading messages, so leave a comment! Thanks ♥

Signup to receive the latest updates straight to your inbox

* indicates required