Wednesday, June 13, 2012

ELF Natural Radiance Blusher in Flushed

This review is way overdue as I have been preparing this post for more than a week now. I feel terrible because this is only my second post, and it's almost the middle of June. I got sick for because of the weather change, and I needed to rest for about a week but feel my body is still recovering, until now. I was staying up so late two weeks ago, and it made me very stressed so it took its toll. Anyway, this review is on the ELF Natural Radiance Blusher in Flushed. I've seen this blusher around but haven't really thought of getting one. I was tempted to try this blusher when I learned from Emily Noel that this is a dupe for MAC's Dolly Mix. I thought this would help those who are looking for a swatch and review, and I'll probably end up liking it. I am so into blushes right now, and this is a nice addition to my collection.









I must say that the packaging is terrible. I almost broke it because I couldn't figure out how to open it. The packaging is made of a transparent plastic that's a little brittle and could break when you drop it. It contains 2 grams of very pigmented blush which I apply with a light hand using a stipple brush. It's easy to work with and blends nicely on the skin because the powder is fine. I believe this blush will look good on any skin tone.




ELF Natural Radiance Blusher in Flushed Swatch



I love the pretty fuchsia pink shade with natural sheen a lot, because it gives the skin a healthy radiance without looking shimmery. It has the same effect as my NYC Glow Powder Blush, which I like greatly as well! The sheen doesn't emphasize the pores too much so gals with oily skin like me can still use it (yay!). However, if you do have enlarged pores, you should apply this lightly as the sheen could make it look more apparent. Placing it on the cheek bones, on the other hand, gives the skin a youthful glow and provides a healthy looking highlight.

This would have been the perfect blush because it's inexpensive and works great! The only problem is it doesn't stay on for more than three hours on me. Maybe you can extend the wear if you have normal skin but this fades way too fast on oily skin, especially when it's hot! You'll need to touch up a few times, and I don't really like doing that because I don't normally carry blush or brush on my small purse :). 


I may try other shades out of curiosity but maybe not. I'm undecided yet. Maybe if they come up with better formulation, I would definitely do. You can't really expect too much from a $1 or P129.75 (locally) blush, but. I'd rather spend a little more to get a better-quality blush.

My verdict: 3 STARS!!!




Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading messages, so leave a comment! Thanks ♥

Signup to receive the latest updates straight to your inbox

* indicates required