Friday, June 1, 2012

NYC Cheek Glow Powder Blush Central Park Pink

I immediately fell in love with this blush when I first saw it because the color is something I don't have yet. It's a very subtle peachy pink blush with a beautiful of sheen to it that's perfect for highlighting to give the face a fresh glow. The packaging is quite big with 8 grams of product, which is a lot, in my opinion. It also comes with a small brush which you can't really use, but I still keep them, in case I actually need it.





ingredients list



The powder is fine and pressed really well that when you swipe your brush over it, it doesn't crumble, and that makes me happy because I don't it like my blushes does that. You'll see in the photo that there appears to be shimmer, but that doesn't really show up on the skin. All you get is a pretty and healthy glow on the skin. I didn't expect this to work like a blush because of how they called it as a cheek glow. As you can see on the swatch, there's not so much pigmentation in it, which is fine by me since I only wanted a sheer wash of color when I use this anyway. The pretty peachy pink shade would enhance any blush if you layer this on top, or pop this on top of the cheeks for a nice sheen.



love the shade!

pretty sheen! no shimmer



Unlike other pigmented highlighters, you need to run your brush over this blush about four times to get it to show up on your cheeks because it's very sheer. It's not talc-y so you can apply this over your face without looking cakey. This may not suit everyone but should work on light to fair skin tones just fine. I love the glow that it gives the skin, and even if I need to spend a little more time to get this blush to show, I don't really mind because I like the effect that it gives my skin. Sometimes it's nice to have a sheer blush if you only want a soft touch of color on your face, especially if you're sporting a bold lip or a dramatic eye. It doesn't stay on too long though, which is the downside of this product.

Overall I give this cheek glow 4 STARS!!!




Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading messages, so leave a comment! Thanks ♥

Signup to receive the latest updates straight to your inbox

* indicates required