Saturday, May 28, 2011

St. Ives Mineral Clay Firming Mask Review



I was looking for a deep cleansing mask and I read some great reviews about this product so I decided to try it. I have used Garnier's Self-Heating Sauna Mask and it was okay but I find that it gives me breakouts. I also notice that it clogs my pores if I don't use hot water to rinse it off. It's not the first Garnier product I tried that broke me out. Their moisturizer also caused me some zits so I plan to stay away from their products for awhile. I use quite a few St. Ives facial products and none of them cause me any breakouts so I was a little confident about this mask. 




St. Ives Mineral Clay Mask Swatch


If you have tried the Garnier mask it looks pretty much alike but one has a thinner consistency. It doesn't sting but has typical mask smell which scared me a little when I first applied it on my skin. After 2 minutes of application you can feel that it firms and tightens the skin but you know that it's not hurting it. What I love about St. Ives Products is that they don't use animal products, it doesn't contain parabens, and phthalates which has earlier been reported to be a health risk. 

After I rinsed the mask off, I noticed that my pores are finer and a little smoother. I didn't feel any drying and it didn't strip off the natural oils of my skin which is amazing. It's a gentle deep cleansing and pore minimizing mask at a reasonable price. Probably one of the best in the market :). I have only used this 3 times for the past 14 days and no breakouts yet which is making me very happy! I heard that it reduces the puffiness under the eyes but I don't want to try it as it maybe too strong for the under eye skin. Although it's not drying I wouldn't use this more than twice a week as it could lead to skin drying. 

I notice that my skin has improved indeed but I am not giving all the credits to the mask as I have added another product on my skin care routine which has received amazing reviews! I'll be creating another post about it and how it helped my skin look better.

I love this mask and I will continue using this product as long as it's available in the market!  I give this mask 5 STARS! 



Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading messages, so leave a comment! Thanks ♥

Signup to receive the latest updates straight to your inbox

* indicates required