Saturday, July 28, 2012

Lux Style Peel Off Mask

I received these Lux Style Peel Off Masks last month for review, and I used it every week, so I can test the product well enough to give a thorough review. They were so kind to send me five packs which are quite a lot as one packet contains 12ml, and I can use it twice. The facial mask only contains three natural ingredients: aqua, deep sea mineral, and perfume, and is more suited to oily and acne prone skin. 


What Lux Style says:
LuxStyle Peel-Off Mask is an all natural acne treatment that will clean your skin and get pimples and the scars to go away - guaranteed ! It contains only natural ingredients, which are very effective in combating acne and blackheads and is directly to the root of the problem. It increases the skin's moisture absorption and removes red and irritated skin. Face mask is specifically designed to reduce and prevent blackheads and blemishes. It effectively deep cleanse, removes dead skin cells, and reduces the skin's overproduction of fats.



Usage and Ingredients



To Use:
Apply a generous amount onto the skin and gently peel it off after 30 minutes. Rinse with warm water and moisturize. 

Application is very easy as it has a glue-like consistency, which just glides smoothly on the skin. I like how it cools my skin, and doesn't sting. It has a nice scent too. Peeling this off hurts a little and will take some of your facial hairs, so be warned. I also only use this once a week because it's for deep cleansing and over doing it can cause skin dryness, even breakout. 



I know I look funny :)


The first time I used it; I broke out on my chin area, and I was torn because it instantly minimized my pores and made my skin appear healthier, and I was impressed! My skin wasn't as oily for a week, and it has reduced my pores. I was hoping that I won't break out anymore, but I did each time right after rinsing my face with water. Then I realized that my chin area is not as oily as the rest of my face, and I'm very likely over cleaning it, if there's such a thing :), and probably the reason why I'm only breaking out on that region. So I thought of changing the way I use it. I first applied the mask on my t-zone, and just applied on my chin after 10 minutes. I washed my face with more water than I normally would, skipped the toner, and went straight to applying an oil-free moisturizer for sensitive skin. And what do you know; it worked! No break out anymore!!!


after peeling the mask off


This is how my skin looked like after I peeled the mask off. There's a little redness on my face, especially the cheek area. You can see that I still have dark spots on my chin from using this mask. It has made my skin appear brighter, healthier, and my pores are minimized instantly. I didn't take a photo of the peeled off mask anymore because there wasn't any dirt that I can see in it like whiteheads, which really made me happy :D.


after 10 minutes, less redness


Overall, this mask is amazing. If you don't have oily skin, I wouldn't recommend you to apply it all over your  face, but only on the area where you need it as your t-zone, or the nose area,  as it can cause you to break out like me. It's an amazing peel off mask though, and this even works great on my fiance's skin! He has oily sensitive skin, but this mask works great on him.

You can get this mask from their website at an introductory price of £99. This is currently available in Europe, but they also plan in entering the Asian Market! I'll surely buy this once it's available in the Philippines.

My verdict: 4.5 STARS!!! I would have given it 5 stars if it didn't break me out. This is by far the best facial mask I have tried, and I'm so happy that I got to test it!



Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading messages, so leave a comment! Thanks ♥

Signup to receive the latest updates straight to your inbox

* indicates required