Wednesday, July 25, 2012

NYX Powder Blush Angel

Hello everyone! This is another NYX Powder Blush Review, and it's on the shade Angel. I have been obsessing with blushes lately, and I have a few more to share with you this week (hopefully). I wanted to spend more time on my blog, and do some more product reviews, but I just can't find time to do it, for now at least. 


NYX Powder Blush Angel



I wouldn't talk about the packaging anymore because it's just the same as Silky Rose. If you want to check out my review and swatches of this very pretty blush, kindly click on the link :). Ingredients are listed below if you want to know what's in the product. 



NYX Powder Blush Ingredients 


When I first got it, I was a little worried because it doesn't look as close as the swatches on blogs, where it appears as muted mauvey pink. From the pan, I would describe the shade as a light peachy blush, which would show up nicely on very fair skin, so I thought I could still use it but as a highlight instead. When I started swatching I was surprised when the color showed as bright rose-pink with a lovely satin-y sheen to it (not shimmer). I read on other reviews saying that this is shimmery, but I disagree. If you look closer, it appears as if it has micro-shimmers, but it doesn't appear like that on the skin at all. 



appears light mauvey pink


the closest to the actual shade on the pan



This blush gives a gorgeous glow on the face that I really love. If you're considering this blush, do some more research and look for different swatches to get an idea of what the color looks like. I took quite a few photos to get the closest color to what you see on the pan. Now see how the blushes look like they are two different shades when they are just the same. Most of the swatches I have seen on blogs appear like the mauvey one, and the peachy one is actually the closest color from the pan. What it looks like when swatched is another story. 



appears shimmery from the pan



On the swatch, you can see that the color is a very pretty bright pink shade that will be flattering on fair skin. The sheen doesn't emphasize pores, which is a huge plus for me because I have oily skin, and I don't want my blush to sink into my pores, making them appear like I have craters on my face! If you do have enlarged pores, you can place this on the cheek bones instead, avoiding the apples, and it will look as great!

Same as the other nyx blush I have, this is velvety soft, smooth, and easy to blend. It's pigmented but doesn't take much work in blending because it's a light blush, so it's more forgiving. It's powdery and crumbly, which is quite typical for nyx blushes, but it doesn't bother me at all because the moment you blend it in; it just sits on the skin naturally.



NYX Powder Blush Angel Swatch



Angle is a prefect everyday product if you're looking for a blush that doesn't over power the whole look. This will look better on fair skin with cool undertones. I'm a hybrid (neutral toned), so I can work with cool and warm tones sometimes :D. You can build it up if you have medium skin, and this can be used as a highlighter if you have a dark skin tone. This will show up even better, and last longer if you layer it with a pink or peachy (preferably) cream blush, to achieve that beautiful flush of color. It stays on for more than 7hrs on me. 


Overall, I adore this blush. The price can't be beat, and the quality is excellent. It's worth the try if you're looking for a blush that gives a fresh and natural look. 


My verdict: 5 STARS!!!





Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading messages, so leave a comment! Thanks ♥

Signup to receive the latest updates straight to your inbox

* indicates required