Thursday, December 20, 2012

ELF Mineral Infused Primer

Using a face primer didn't use to be a part of my makeup routine because I thought it was not really necessary, and I didn't want to spend big bucks for another layer of product on my face. Well not if you have normal skin, and you're not worried of makeup clogging your pores. I have oily skin and I normally just use bb cream or tinted moisturizer instead of foundation, and they are not as long staying and don't have great oil control. So I thought a face primer would really make my face look neat and clean longer, and searched for a good-quality primer without spending too much. Then I saw this product and decided to get it, and hoped it's worth it. 



Ingredients list and warning


I love that it comes in a clean and plastic packaging with a pump. It contains 14g of product, which is amazing because it's really affordable. The best part about this primer is it is mineral infused. It will prepare the skin for makeup application. It's developed to combat excess oil, flaky dryness, enlarged pores, and fine lines for a flawless and smooth canvas. I read on other blogs that it's a dope for Smashbox Photo Finish Primer! I haven't tried any Smashbox product yet, nor the primer, so I cannot back this up.



The packaging is cute!




This primer is clear and silicon based so it spreads evenly, and slightly mattifies the skin. I have visible pores and fine lines, and it fills them in, making my face look fresher and more flawless. Applying my face makeup is easier with this primer because my foundation just blends and goes on smoothly, and applies evenly. Using this primer keeps my makeup in place and my oil at bay, even if I use a foundation or a bb cream that's not oil free! I don't need to retouch or blot my face in the middle of the day anymore, or worry about melting or patchy foundation because this product holds my makeup together. All you need is a small amount to cover the entire face. One pump is a little too much, and I wish I could control it better because the extra product is a waste, and I have to just layer it on my face and neck.



ELF Mineral Infused Primer in Clear



Now to the fun part, the pros and cons!

PROS:

  • Keeps my makeup in place
  • Controls my facial oil
  • Fills in my pores and fine lines
  • Foundation goes on smoothly
  • Helps to create a flawless finish 
  • Slightly mattifies the skin 
  • Hasn't broken me out
  • Prevents makeup from caking
  • Prevents my under eye concealer from creasing

CONS:
  • The pump dispenses more product than I need

TIPS:
  • Always apply moisturizer underneath the primer to prevent the skin from producing more oil. If possible use an oil-free face lotion
  • Let the moisturizer set before you apply the primer
  • Allow the primer to dry before applying your foundation, otherwise it can make your makeup look oily







I posted this picture on my previous review, but I just have to post it here again. This was on my cousin's wedding last week. You can see that my face looks flawless and smooth. My fine lines are reduced, and my pores are not even visible. My makeup lasted for more than 7hrs and until I got home. It held on pretty nicely even if it was very hot inside the church, and it was an afternoon wedding. If I wasn't wearing a primer, my makeup would have faded already.

My verdict: 5 STARS!!! The quality is really good for the price. You certainly get more than what you pay for, and I will surely repurchase. 


Share:

5 comments:

  1. Wow great review! Ive been eyeing this product for a long time but decided to read reviews first before spending my money. Keep it up and God bless! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ma'am...can a bb cream be an alternative to a face primer???If so, what bb cream can you suggest??I don't use a primer too, but they said its important for the skin so I like to give it a try. Your response will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it can replace facial primers, but it still depends on your need. If you have very oily skin and want to control it better, I would still suggest to get a primer. ELF is really affordable considering how good it is and how much product you get. It will last you a long time since a little goes a long way. If you just want a product that will serve as a barrier between your skin and your makeup, BB cream will do. My favorite are Lioele Water Drop and Skin 79 VIP Gold. These are both mild on the skin, doesn't break me out, and help control my facial oil. Depending if you have oily/normal/dry skin, a cheaper alternative is the Maybelline BB Cream. So far it didn't break me out, but what works for me may not work for you so I would recommend for you to read more reviews. I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. May i know what foundation you used here? Such a lovely skin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Michelle! I mixed 2 foundations, Lancome Fond de Teint Lifting Foundation in Porcelaine and Revlon ColorStay Foundation in Nude :). The combination is really good :D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading messages, so leave a comment! Thanks ♥

Signup to receive the latest updates straight to your inbox

* indicates required