Sunday, October 23, 2011

Review: ELF Nail Polish in Rosy Raisin

Hello everyone! I couldn't sleep tonight and thought of doing a nail polish review. It's been awhile since my last nail color review so I suppose it's a good time to do so. This review is on the ELF Nail Polish in Rosy Raisin. You can get this nail polish for the price of $1 on eyeslipsface.com. If you're in the Philippines you can buy this in your nearest department stores for P129.75 and you have 10ml of product. ELF improved their formulation recently though and the price increased to $2 on their website. There are so many other colors to choose from and I wish we have half of the shades locally available. 




When I first saw this on the ELF display, I got easily attracted to the packing because it's not the traditional shape. I think it's really neat so I wanted to try it. Being an ELF cosmetic user, I was pretty sure this is another great product, right... Wrong!


The packaging is really cute :)




Well it's not actually all bad because as you can see it looks lovely on the nails. If we talk about the shade, this is one of my favorites. Why? Because the color is very much wearable as it's not a bright rose or a deep raisin shade. It's a mix of two and I think it's just really lovely. Anyone can use this nail color for any occasion. If you check the swatches, it's really true to its color

The pigmentation is amazing and it's very opaque. I only applied 2 coats and the color already picked up. From the feel of this nail polish on my nails, I think it will last for awhile without chipping. I didn't apply a top coat anymore because I didn't want it to look shiny. The application is smooth because it isn't streaky. The stains around my nails were also easy to remove. 

What I didn't like about it though is the brush. The bristles are not even and I had to cut a few longer ones for a clean application. The cap doesn't close well either. I also had to wait a few minutes in between application because it doesn't really dry quickly which is how I wanted it to be. 


ELF Nail Polish in Rosy Raisin Swatch

I think the color is beautiful...

A very pretty nail color for autumn and winter...

To make the long story short...

PROS:
Presentable packaging
Lovely Color
Very Opaque
Pigmentation is superb
Application is smooth

CONS:
Cap doesn't close well
Length of bristles isn't even
Not quick dry
A little pricey (locally)

So there you have it everyone. My take on the ELF Nail Polish in Rosy Raisin... It's definitely not perfect but I still love it. I just have to live with what I like less and focus on how the product actually works. 

My verdict: 3.5 STARS
Would I repurchase? Absolutely! :)

I hope you enjoyed this review everyone! If you have any questions, please shoot them on the comments box below. I hope you have a good night/day and thanks for reading this post. Until my next review... take care! :D




Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading messages, so leave a comment! Thanks ♥

Signup to receive the latest updates straight to your inbox

* indicates required