Tuesday, May 8, 2012

FOTD: Caramel Candy Summer Makeup

Hello all, how have you been doing? I hope you all had a great weekend. This post is so long over due... I was supposed to do this last week but I just couldn't do it. I want to share with you all another FOTD and this is a summer look again! I just love this season because I feel like I'm less stressed, not that I am doing less work now, but  there's less traffic and the people around aren't too busy running around and I like that. The one thing I don't enjoy about the summer is the heat! I used to love the summer heat when I was little when it was not as crazy as it is now and swimming from morning till afternoon used to be so much fun. Now the heat is not fun anymore and I couldn't stay under the sun for long! Anyway enough of my rant on the heat and let me get back on track :). I notice that I just couldn't get enough of doing different summer looks and I think this is the fourth summer makeup I've done already. Read on to find out which products I used...







I used mostly mineral makeup because it just stays on longer and it doesn't melt. On this look I especially love the eyeshadow a lot because it gives the eyes a girly and stylish effect which is very flattering. 

Products Used:

Face
BYS Face Primer
The Face Shop Honey BB Cream
ELF Studio Blush in Tickled Pink

Eyes
Avon Super Magnify Mascara in Black Brown
The Face Shop Auto Eyebrow 04

Lips
Nyx Round Lipstick in B52








I placed the golden pink shadow on my lids and the caramel bronzer on the outer corner and crease to give my eyes a beautiful glow. I added the bronzer on my lower lash line to brighten up the eye area and candy girl which is a two tone golden pink shadow on the inner corner to give it a glimmering effect which looks really pretty when the sun reflects it. On my face I used mineral foundation and bronzer with bb cream and face primer underneath. I didn't need to use concealer anymore since the bb cream pretty much takes care of evening out my skin tone. Some blemishes are still visible but I like my skin peeking through my makeup because it makes it look more natural and summer appropriate. Of course on my lips I have my currently favorite lipstick b52 which neutralized the whole look. I have some bright and flattering colors on my eyes but the nude lip color made it look muted that's just perfect for the season. 


  



I just love using mineral makeup during the summer because it does the job really well. It doesn't melt and it stays on longer. This summer dewy look is very much in and bb cream and mineral makeup together works beautifully to achieve that without looking like you put on too much makeup. Applying a face primer will even make the makeup more longer lasting and control the oil better. This is a day makeup which you absolutely can wear for night time by adding eyeliner on the water line and lash lines, falsies, and some lip gloss, and you're set! :)



Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading messages, so leave a comment! Thanks ♥

Signup to receive the latest updates straight to your inbox

* indicates required