Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Face Shop Crack It Nail Polish Swatches and Review

I have been waiting for this for awhile now and it's finally here! The moment I saw this on the store I knew I had to get it. It's a crackle nail polish which has been a craze and I am so glad that The Face Shop has their own version now. It's a little pricey at P295 though but the effect is all worth it :).

The color I got is in black BK901. The other available colors they had were gray and brown which are also very pretty. The packaging is really stylish and looks more classy than their other polishes. The application of the crackle polish is very easy and it goes on smoothly. It dries up pretty fast though so you have to apply it immediately. The good thing about it is that it doesn't need to be perfect :). You can layer it or do another swatch if you miss a spot and it will still look good. 




The polish is matte and you may apply a top coat but I chose not too because I like the effect more that it's matte. It looks dull after application so others may not really like it. After a few days though the dullness disappears and looks better. I used different shades here so you see how it looks like with different base colors. If you want to achieve bigger cracks you should get more product on the brush just like the effect on my index finger, middle finger, and my pinky. For more and smaller cracks, you should only get a small amount on the brush.


The Face Shop Crack It Nail Polish in BK901 Swatch





On swatches below, I used a shimmer polish and it looks more lovely than just matte polishes because the shimmer looks so good in between the cracks. The effect doesn't look so good on the photos but it looks so pretty in person :D. 


The shimmer in between cracks look really good in person





A more vivid base color will surely make the effect more attractive. The staying power is amazing even without top coat. It didn't chip even after 5 days and I am so impressed. This crackle polish is really good and I can't say anything bad about it. It's worth 5 STARS and more. Kudos to The Face Shop for keeping up with the trend. I really recommend this polish to everyone :).


Pros:
Glides on easily
Quick dry
Easy to apply

Cons:
None :)



Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading messages, so leave a comment! Thanks ♥

Signup to receive the latest updates straight to your inbox

* indicates required