Friday, March 16, 2012

FOTD: Bright Pink and Yellow

Hey everyone! I have another FOTD look and this is using summer colors on strong eyes. I was supposed to do this really simple but I played with the lashes I got last month to try how I like it, then I added some liners and I think I got carried away there and came up with this. I don't actually know how to call it so I just came up with the obvious LOL. 

So far I really like the effect of adding some falsies but I think just not this particular one. I purposely bought some inexpensive ones to test it out and I think I'll be buying some better ones from now on. Although I wouldn't be wearing it that much because I prefer simple makeup than dramatic ones. In fact I only used half of the lashes because it looks overly dramatic for the makeup in my opinion. 






What I have on:

Face
Danahan BB Cream #23
Elite Mineral Foundation in Natural
ELF Blush and Bronzing Powder (blush) 
Revlon Powder Blush in Smoky Rose on the apples of my cheeks

Eyes
Maybelline Eye Studio Quad in Banana Split (pink)
The Face Shop Color Nuance Eye Shadow in YL701
ELF Cream Eyeliner in Black
Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume Mascara in Black
Maybelline Brow Definist in Brown 02

Lips
Lóreal Color Riche Lipstick in Summer Coral 
ELF Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF15 in Candlelight








The combination of a peachy blush on the back of my cheeks and pink on the apples looks really pretty as it gives you this flushed summery look.  I don't use liquid foundation anymore unless I need to because I prefer bb cream's coverage more. It gives you this dewy, fresh, and natural look that is perfect for everyday use and you allow your skin to breathe. If I need more coverage I just use bb cream as base and add a layer of mineral foundation and I'm all set! 






The combination of pink and yellow shadows gives this subtle but very flattering effect. Pink gives warmth to the eyes while the light yellow brightens the eyes. Looking at the photos now I think that it would have been better if I topped the black liner on my lower lash line with a pink shadow to make the look softer. This is a pretty makeup to wear during the day if you skip the lashes and the eyeliner. You may also use a pink lip tint to make it even more summery! :) 




Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading messages, so leave a comment! Thanks ♥

Signup to receive the latest updates straight to your inbox

* indicates required