Sunday, March 18, 2012

FOTD: Summer Makeup

Summer is almost here which means, it's vacation time! Although the heat is sometimes too much to bear plus the humidity that's just way too much than I can tolerate, I'm still pretty excited because this is the time for going to the beach and spending great times with family and friends. 

During the summer we cannot put on the same old makeup products because it will most likely melt or move. This is the makeup look that I wear during the summer and I want to share them with you all. It's very easy, everyone can do it. I really cannot use a liquid foundation this time because it's just not fit for the season in my opinion. I personally don't feel very comfortable putting too much product on my face when I know will not look good after a few hours. 





This summer makeup is great when you're going to the beach, camping, or vacationing with family or friends because it's longer staying yet it makes you look fresh and glowy. On here I'm using mineral foundation which is just the perfect product for this time of the year. Mineral makeup is water proof and oil free so your makeup is going to last longer. Of course want to look good but don't want to be touching up while you're having fun, right? 

As base for my mineral makeup, I used a non-oily bb cream so I can skip the concealer. You may of course use a face primer if you prefer to use that. I have nivea sun protection on my face before I applied the bb cream because I don't believe the Lieole BB Cream has any spf in it. Always make sure to use sun protection especially when you're outdoors. Use waterproof mascara and eyeliner to avoid any summer horror of melting eye makeup, it happened it me before so believe me it's not pretty :)! I used an eyebrow pencil as it's not easily washed away by water but if you have a water proof one it's better. I have eyeshadow primer on my lids to prevent my eyeshadow from moving and I used the bronzer as lid color to create a glowy and natural look. I have 2 coats of waterproof mascara on my lashes for that fresh and more awake eyes. I didn't use any blush anymore and just applied bronzer for that natural sun kissed look! You also need to protect your lips so wear spf lip balm, tinted is better in my opinion so you don't look washed out.  



 



What I have on:

Face
Lioele Beyond the Solution BB Cream
Elite Mineral Foundation in Natural
Elite Mineral Bronzer in Caramel

Eyes
Elite Mineral Eye Shadow Primer
Elite Mineral Bronzer in Caramel
Avon Extra Lasting Mascara in Black
Etude House Proof 10 Auto Pencil
Revlon Eyebrow Pencil in Brown

Lips
Maybelline Lip Smooth Color and Care Cranberry Jam Lip Balm
Etude House 55 Kissful Tint Chou in #1


  
with Etude House 55 Kissful Tint Chou in #1 on my lips


If you want to add more color to your face you may use a lip tint which is what I have on this photo and it instantly adds more glow to the face. The photo above was taken 5 hours after I applied the makeup and you can see that it has not moved or faded. It was scorching hot yesterday and very humid but the oil control of the mineral foundation is amazing that I look pretty much the same when I first put the makeup together. 

I hope you guys like this FOTD.  Stay safe, have fun, and have a wonderful summer! :)





Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading messages, so leave a comment! Thanks ♥

Signup to receive the latest updates straight to your inbox

* indicates required