Thursday, September 20, 2012

ChapStick Strawberry

Believe it or not this is the very first chap stick that I bought with my own money. I used to have one, but it was given to me. I don't know why I haven't reached for this when I seldom see it in supermarkets and department stores. I guess I wasn't a huge lip balm user before, until now. My lips have been a little dry and dull recently so I started to care for it more. At the moment, I am finding myself loading my lips with lip balm all the time, well unless I'm out, but when I'm at home I always have it in my pocket, and it's so worth it.




ChapStick info and ingredients list



This is in classic strawberry, and has a very faint strawberry scent but mostly mint, like how carmex smells. The packaging is pretty basic, twist-up, and looks the same as the other chap sticks but the color is red. The stick contains 4grams of product and only has an SPF of 4, which to me is really not enough, so I use it, mostly during night time. 








The stick is red and adds a very subtle tint on the lips, so if you're looking for a tinted lip balm this is not the one to go for. The consistency is not very thick, unlike the carmex, and I can rub it on my lips as many as I want, and it won't deposit a ton of wax on my lips which I like! It's not very greasy as you can see on the swatch below so I prefer this over my other lip balms.




ChapStick Strawberry Swatch



I love this lip balm a lot, and I use it everyday. I didn't use to apply lip protectant underneath my lipstick, but I do now, and it makes a lot of difference. I have learned my lesson when I had an allergic reaction on a Revlon Renewist Lipcolor! I had rashes all over, and I still have these tiny whitehead-like bumps on my lips, until now. My sister and I experienced the same allergic reaction, and it was a nightmare! I thought I would have avoided it if I only protected my lips :(. Since I started applying lip balm everyday, my rashes are slowly healing, and the bumps are going away, which really made me happy. The only thing I don't like about it is the waxy taste. Other than that, this product is really a good value for your money.

My verdict: 4 STARS!!! My lips have been very smooth and hydrated since I started using this lip balm a little over 2 weeks ago. I apply before I go to bed, and I wake up with supple, pinky lips. 

If you like this post please comment, and subscribe if you aren't already. Have a dazzling day everyone! ♥



Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading messages, so leave a comment! Thanks ♥

Signup to receive the latest updates straight to your inbox

* indicates required