Saturday, August 18, 2012

FOTD: Bronze and Coral

It's been a long time since I posted a makeup look, so I thought of doing one using the new products, I had recently been using to create a FOTD. I did this early this week but decided to review the recent makeup items I used here first. This look is very wearable and versatile as you can wear it during the day and covert it to a nighttime look. 







Products Used:
Face:
Loreal Visible Lift Firming Foundation in Nude Beige
Elf Cover Everything Concealer in Light
Revlon New Complexion Loose Powder in  Translucent #2
NYC Sunny Bronzer
NYX Powder Blush in Angel
ELF Golden Bronzer as highlight 

Eyes:
Elf Golden Bronzer as eyeshadow
Etude House Oh M' Eye Lash Volume and Longlash Mascara in #2
Elf Eyebrow Kit in Light

Lips:
L'oreal Colour Riche Lipstick 427 Summer Coral





I didn't use too much bronzer this time, only to contour my cheek bones because I was going for a toned down coraly flushed look. The makeup is camera friendly so this is definitely a nice makeup to sport for the night time when going out for dinner. To convert this to a more dramatic night time look, I would:

1) Apply a mid tone shimmer bronze shadow on the outer third of the eyes 
2) Add a dark matte brown shadow on the outer v and bring it up to the crease, and blend well to create a smokey eye
3) Highlight the brow bone and the inner corner of the eyes
4) Line the lash line and water line with a black or brown eyeshadow
5) Smoke out the liner on the lower lash line using the matte brown shadow, and place the shimmer bronze shadow right on the lash line to make the eyes pop
6) Add falsies to open the eyes more
7) Apply a nude lip gloss

It's best to use water proof mascara and eyeliners so you don't need to touch up, especially if you're going out dancing. 




please excuse the hair, I just like wearing messy hair :)



I would definitely go for this look if I was going out because it's comfortable and low maintenance. Most of the time I prefer a more subtle face over dramatic makeup, but it also depends on the occasion and who I am with :). This is also a good summer look as bronze and coral are perfect summer colors! 




Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading messages, so leave a comment! Thanks ♥

Signup to receive the latest updates straight to your inbox

* indicates required