Wednesday, February 2, 2011

L'oreal Volume Shocking Waterproof Mascara Review

L'oreal Volume Shocking Waterproof Mascara 


I wasn't able to write a review about this product yesterday as mentioned on my previous post because I was suffering from flu (sorry about that). Today seems a better day and I hope this review helps.

L'oreal Volume Shocking Waterproof Mascara is a 2 Step Volume Construction Mascara to build luminous lashes with extreme volume. Step 1 is a lash defining base coat to prep the lashes for an extra volume. Step 2 is the volume constructing top coat that thickens the lashes and gives it a ultra volume. It comes in black and 6ml of product each for the base and top coat.

The base coat wand has a thick brush that helps separate the lashes very well. The top coat wand though has a thinner brush and shorter bristles.

Lash Defining Top Coat



When I apply it I have to remove the excess mascara from the top coat brush/comb because it clumps my lashes a lot if I don't. It looks like I have lesser lashes instead of giving it more volume. Taking off some of the product does help give me a more defined and longer lashes. Removing is a little pain compared to other waterproof mascaras which sometimes puts me off. After taking it off it still feels like I have a lot of mascara on because my lashes feels heavy and is still sticky. However, this mascara is not all bad. What I like about it is that I can work the top coat well on my lower lashes without pocking my eyes because it has a thin wand. This is a good mascara but I think the comb-like top coat wand causes the clumping because it doesn't separate the lashes very well unlike the base coat brush. Using a different brush will most likely help but I haven't tried it yet.

Overall I like this product but I have to spend a lot of time working it on my lashes to avoid clumping. If I am not in a hurry and I want to achieve a more dramatic eyes, this is the mascara I grab first. Otherwise I just use other brands.


Product Rating
Quality: 4/5
Value: 4/5
Ease of Use: 4/5
Packaging: 4/5
Overall Rating: 4



Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading messages, so leave a comment! Thanks ♥

Signup to receive the latest updates straight to your inbox

* indicates required