Thursday, October 13, 2011

iOS 5: How To Setup iMessage

Hello everyone! Today is an exciting day because Apple finally released iOS 5! I have been waiting anxiously for this update since June and I can't believe it's finally here. However before you can update, you need iTunes 10.5 so make sure you upgrade to that as well. Listed below are the supported devices:


iPhone
iPhone 4S
iPhone 4
iPhone 3GS

iPad
iPad 2
iPad

iPod touch
4th generation iPod touch
3rd generation iPod touch


The new updates are pretty awesome! They have Twitter integration already so you can share photos straight from your camera or photos gallery to twitter! Isn't that amazing?! You can edit photos after you take them now from your camera view. They also have notifications window you can pull down from your home screen just like Android and that's one of the features I am excite about except of course for iMessage which will make you send text messages for free to those who have iMessage activated on their iphones too. No more international text message charges which is really cool! How can anyone not be excited about that?! There are more than 200 new features so check it out for yourself http://www.apple.com/ios/features.html or watch the video http://www.apple.com/ios/gallery.html#video-ios.

I'm still updating my phone now and I'm down to the last 33 minutes. I cannot wait to finally try iMessage! I'm a noob on this too but it surely isn't rocket science that I can't figure out :). Anyone can too, but in case you're unsure how to setup the whole thing, please check this link out to help you get started with iMessage: http://www.macworld.com/article/162984/2011/10/ios_5_imessage.html

I hope you all have a wonderful day everyone. Take care!


EDIT:

Finally done with the update. That was the longest upgrade ever but it's all worth it. Want to try the iMessage now but my siblings hasn't updated yet. It was a long but easy setup. Nice work Apple! Very well done. I love the new interface of my phone now :).

Also, you can add an email address as your imessage caller id if you don't want your imessage friends to know your number (coold huh?!). Just go to Settings > Messages > Receive at > Add another email (if you haven't already) > Caller ID > Choose your email address. But remember that if you associate an email with your apple id or imessage, you have to verify the email address first to be able to receive imessage on that email so make sure you do that.

If you have questions, let me know and I'll try to help out :D


Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading messages, so leave a comment! Thanks ♥

Signup to receive the latest updates straight to your inbox

* indicates required