Thursday, December 15, 2011

Holiday Look: Earth Tones

I did this look the other day when I was about to sleep :). I got a new Avon quad in earth tones and I wanted to play with it. The colors are amazing and I was inspired to do a holiday look! The eyes are really intense so I kept the face and the lips simple. 






The coverage on the face is very light. I used ELF All Over Cover Stick only on the center of my face to neutralize the redness then applied loose powder. For a more polished look and if you are wearing this for a party, you may apply liquid foundation for a more polished look. I did quite a few blending on the outer corner to the crease to keep the smokey effect fine and avoid harsh edges. 


Products Used:
Garnier BB Eye Roll On
ELF All Over Cover Stick
Revlon Loose Powder
Revlon Powder Blush in Smoky Rose 
Revlon Matte Shadow in Rich Sable
ELF Primer
ELF Duo Eyeshadow Cream in Olive
Avon True Colors Eyeshadow Quad in Earth Tones
Avon Eyeshadow Quad in Cocoa Glow
Cover Girl Eye Enhancer in Pink Chiffon
Fanny Serrano Gel Eyeliner in Black
Avon Extra Lasting Mascara in Black
NYC Ultra Moist Lipstick in Violet Shine
Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Pink Afterglow








How I did this look:

I'm using dark shadows so I did the eyes first, and because the Avon eyeshadow is kinda chalky so I wanted to avoid the fall outs. 

1) I started with defining my brows using the Revlon Matte Eyeshadow in Rich Sable. I love using this shadow for my brows because it's very pigmented and easy to work with. 
2) Once done I then primed my eyes using the ELF Primer to keep the eyeshadow in place and make it last longer. 
3) Then I used the lighter green shadow on the Olive ELF Duo Cream Eyeshadow as my sticky base for the eyeshadow to show up better. 
4) I applied a brown matte shadow on the crease first so when I start applying the other shadows it will just blend easier
5) With a flat shader brush I used the green shadow first and patted it on the inner 2/3 of the lids. And using a fluffy brush I applied the dark brown shadow on the outer third blending it on the crease. Then I applied the golden shadow on the center of the lids blending it on the green and the dark brown color, and used the off-white shadow on the brow bone for highlight.
6) Afterward I used a gel liner to define my eyes by creating a very thin line closer to the lash line. You can wing this out if you want to make your eyes look longer. I then lined my upper and lower water line. To set the liner I applied the green shadow on the inner half of my lower lashes, placed the yellow color on the inner half, and the Pink Chiffon on the inner corners. I then added another layer of black eyeliner to define the eyes more. Adding a color on the bottom lashes on top of the liner will make the look softer if you don't like the look on the eyeliner alone. I then curled my lashes and applied mascara
8) Using my Garnier BB Eye Roll-On I concealed my under eye circles and cleaned up the fall outs.
9) With my foundation brush, I applied the ELF All Over Cover Stick Stick on the center of my face mainly where I see redness.
10) To set my makeup, I took my ELF Complexion brush and applied Revlon Loose Powder.
11) On the lips I used the NYC Ultra Moist Lipstick in Violet Shine and added Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Pink Afterglow only on the center of my lips to accentuate and give the lips a pretty look.


Have a wonderful holidays everyone and Advance Merry Christmas! :D




Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading messages, so leave a comment! Thanks ♥

Signup to receive the latest updates straight to your inbox

* indicates required