Thursday, April 12, 2012

Maybelline EyeStudio Crayon Liner

I have been looking for an inexpensive eyeliner I can use on my water line because so far non of my eyeliners stay put. I'm not a huge eyeliner user but when I do need it, I want it to not bother me with all the smudging and melting. I passed on this months ago but I couldn't help myself when I saw that this was the only one left on the shelf, so I gave in and bought it before I had the chance to check the reviews.





love the pencil with the pink inscription




Maybelline claims this eyeliner to be:

  • Super Blendable
  • Waterproof
  • Smudgeproof
  • Long-lasting

And it's only P149, what's not to love?! The name itself tells you that this is a smooth pencil like a crayon. It's hard enough to allow you to draw fine lines and has a soft texture that glides on smoothly on the skin for a sexy smudged effect.  





looks pretty when smudged


I love how it looks so natural when smudged because it gives you this sexy eyes effect. This will especially look good with a smokey eye makeup! However, this isn't the blackest black liner that I wanted. It turns charcoal black when applied however looks really black on the pencil so I was kind of disappointed on that. 

This eyeliner reminded me of the ELF Brightening Eyeliner (click the link for review) which was also as blendable so I thought of showing you swatches of both side by side to give those considering this eyeliner an idea if this is worth buying. Below are swatches comparing the  Maybelline EyeStudio Crayon Liner and ELF Studio Brightening Eyeliner: 


Maybelline on top / ELF below




As you can see both eyeliners blended nicely but I love the color and pigmentation of the ELF  eyeliner which looks more solid and very black. Of course you can just build the color up of the Maybelline liner but it smudges big time even with a primer! It melts under my eyes, the color transfers on my lid, doesn't stay long, and definitely not waterproof. However, it works okay if you set it with an eyeshadow and actually stays put, so that's my only consolation. Alone though, this is a terrible product! So the only thing that worked among the 4 promises they claimed is it's really blendable. 

My verdict: 2 STARS!!! This liner just defeats the purpose of being able to create natural definition to the eyes. I wanted to award it 1 star but I gave it a little credit on the fact that it works good when it sets, which is why I mentioned that that this will work with smokey eye makeup. 

I hope my review is helpful and if you have any questions or comments, please leave them down below. Please follow me on blogger and twitter, and like me on facebook if you haven't already. I'd appreciate it very much! :)



Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading messages, so leave a comment! Thanks ♥

Signup to receive the latest updates straight to your inbox

* indicates required